Crawl Space Encapsulation in Delaware and Maryland
First Class HVAC Can Expertly Encapsulate Your Crawl Space
The experts at First Class HVAC provide crawl space encapsulation services for homeowners throughout Delaware and Maryland. This process is necessary to control the space’s moisture and prevent energy loss. It also helps eliminate mold problems that occur with some vented crawl spaces. We can close your crawl space to ensure the protection of your home and family. Crawl space encapsulation is a permanent solution for your home, so consider it an investment for the future. Contact us today to learn more about the process and its benefits.
Common Problems with Vented Crawl Spaces
The alternative to an encapsulated crawl space is a vented crawl space. Vented crawl spaces purport to eliminate moisture, but they come with some risks. During the summer, vented crawl spaces draw warm, humid air, which can create mold. If you have a vented crawl space, this mold and its spores will circulate throughout your house. The same goes for moisture. But even when the temperatures begin to drop, you have cause for concern. Cold air can infiltrate vented crawl spaces, ultimately resulting in elevated heating and energy costs. For these reasons, among others, the U.S. Department of Energy has asserted that vented crawl spaces are inferior to their encapsulated counterparts. To avoid substantial issues, consider crawl space encapsulation via First Class HVAC.
Understanding Why You Need Crawl Space Encapsulation
Mold, moisture, and high utility bills may seem like issues that you can address at a later date. But you run the risk of more significant problems if you do not opt for crawl space encapsulation sooner than later. Your crawl space provides access to water mains, pipes, and electrical wiring for your home. It is critical to your regular routine that each of these elements remains in proper working order. By hoping for the best with a vented crawl space, you leave them vulnerable to breakdowns, mold, and other problems that will cost you money in the long run.
Professional Crawl Space Encapsulation Via First Class HVAC
When you are ready to take action to protect your home and its air quality, rely on the professionals at First Class HVAC for crawl space encapsulation services. We will efficiently close the foundation, walls, and floor of your crawl space to the outside, ensuring there are no wall openings. In the process, we will leave any existing insulation in your exterior walls or that which is level with the floor. We will remove all other insulation. The resulting crawl space will use a combination of mechanical drying techniques and air-sealing to control moisture.
Benefits of Crawl Space Encapsulation
There are a host of benefits associated with crawl space encapsulation. First and foremost, it protects the long-term dependability of your house and can improve the quality of air that you and your family breathe. Additionally, crawl space encapsulation can:
- Eliminate moisture – An accumulation of moisture can cause structural concerns and weaken your foundation, but crawl space encapsulation prevents this.
- Increase energy efficiency – With an abundance of vents in a crawl space, your HVAC system needs to work harder. Closing your crawl space to the exterior helps improve efficiency and lower your energy bills.
- Prevent mold – Without vents, your HVAC system cannot circulate mold spores throughout your home.
- Improve comfort – In addition to improving air quality by eliminating moisture, encapsulated crawl spaces can reduce humidity and improve comfort.
- Keep unwanted pests away – When cold air sweeps through Delaware, critters and pests may invade vented crawl spaces. But they have no access points following encapsulation.
- Increase home value – As a result of the benefits of crawl space encapsulation, your home’s value will increase as soon as First Class HVAC completes the process.
We Can Waterproof Your Delaware Basement
After you reduce or eliminate moisture through crawl space encapsulation, take advantage of First Class HVAC’s basement moisture sealing services. Waterproofing is an ideal measure for unfinished basements to ensure they are leak-free and void of moisture. We also recommend basement moisture sealing before adding to your basement. Its benefits include:
- Improved health as a result of an inability for bacteria and mold to grow
- Increased structural integrity
- Energy efficiency
- Protection against pest infestations
Request Crawl Space Encapsulation from First Class HVAC Today
Though it may not seem like a fancy or noteworthy home improvement, crawl space encapsulation has far-reaching benefits related to your health, energy efficiency, and comfort. Rather than expose yourself to mold and moisture-related problems that vented crawl spaces present, let First Class HVAC perform crawl space encapsulation at your home in Delaware or Maryland. We have a 100% satisfaction guarantee, so you know you are getting the best service possible when you enlist our help. We have spent more than 40 years in the industry, and our team is well-versed on all of the best practices and techniques. Our flat-rate upfront pricing lets you know what to expect from our services, and we will not stick you with overtime charges. Crawl space encapsulation is a long-term investment in your home. Contact us today for a free estimate.